Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Blues

Yep Friday blues. Not like I'm sad - although quite perturbed at the sudden artic quality of weather around here. I mean blues, like some southern rock, Memphis blues.

Last week I heard this great song on public radio (I told y'all I was a nerd), I don't remember which show it was. Anyways I heard the coolest song, and immediately SoundHound-ed it, and discovered the North Mississippi AllStars.  They've been around for a while, but I've never heard of them, but they have a pretty impressive story and body of work. I won't go into it here, but check out their website.  These guys make me want to try picking up guitar again. 


Here are two songs for today - "The Meeting" (Mavis Staples) comes from their latest album, Keys to the Kingdom.  The song "K.C. Jones" comes from an earlier work, Shake Hands With Shorty. 

Blues music always has the best and most unique titles.

Happy weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment