Thursday, December 22, 2011

December Soul: Remy Shand

I remember when Canadian neo-soul singer Remy Shand first came out with "Take A Message". I thought, ok please don't be a one-hit wonder.  His sound is that quintessential tenor/falsetto male soul, influenced by people like Curtis Mayfield and Marvin Gaye.  But after his early 2000s cd, where did he go?!  From what I can gather, he's had a difficult few years, including a messy divorce and his mother's passing. 

I hope that he chooses to come back soon and share his music publicly again. If I ever make it to his neck of the woods, I will be tempted to try to track him down.   There's an unfinished track floating around, but it's got a few sound glitches. You can check it out here: A Day In the Shade.  Meanwhile below is "The Way I Feel".






Since Remy doesn't have any Christmas songs available, here's a throwback from the band Chicago.  Just a couple days til Christmas, are you ready?


No comments:

Post a Comment