Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Oldie of the Day: December Soul Pt. 3

You know what gets me excited? Being caught up in a google vortex searching for music and finding treasures I never knew existed.  That's how I find independent artists, long-forgotten albums and unique collaborations.  So the current blue-eyed soul theme is gonna take a slightly more bluesy turn today, thanks to Dr. John and Eric Clapton.  Ok, I have to admit that something about Dr. John makes my right earlobe itch a little bit, but dang that man can kill a piano! And what music lover can't get along without a little Sir Clapton?

This first clip is from one of the installments of VH-1 Duets (great idea VH-1) - Dr. John's "Right Place, Wrong Time".  After that is a clever song, "Mixed Nuts", from a Christmas movie with the same title starring Steve Martin, Madeline Kahn, and host of other actors. 

*Have you finished all your Christmas shopping?





No comments:

Post a Comment