Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year and Merry 2012!  I hope you had an amazing holiday season and that you're getting geared up for the next 12 months.  If 2011 was tough (as it was for a lot of people), may 2012 be the complete opposite, an upturn for you, full of peace, relief, fun and accomplishment. If 2011 was great for you, may 2012 blessedly continue your winning streak.

My 2012 has already begun quite awesomely, simply because I have not heard any silly year-themed rhyming phrases.  I'm absolutely t h r i l l e d. You know the ones: 2008 is gonna be great (#gag), 2009 is gonna be fine (#ACK!), 2010 we're gonna win (#RETCH!!), 2011 the year of heaven (#commeresoIcancutyou).   All 2012 rhymes, please pass me by.

January will continue the December soul theme, simply because the holidays were so good I missed a few posts.  Recently a friend reminded me to post as part of blue-eyed soul theme UK-born Joss Stone.  Like Duffy, she grew up listening to R&B/soul artists, and began training her voice by singing along with Aretha Franklin's Greatest Hits album in her early teens.  She's performed both original music as well as some great oldies such as For the Love Of You and I Put A Spell On You (with Jeff Beck). This past fall the group Super Heavy, whose members include Joss, Mick Jagger, Damian Marley, A.R. Rahman and Dave Stewart, released its debut. 

What do you think about this Super Heavy collaboration?





No comments:

Post a Comment