Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oldie Of The Day: Cherie Amour

You can't have a name like "Cheray" - or Cheryl, Cherry, Sherry, Cherie - and not be serenaded at some point in your life with "My Cherie Amour".  So I have a certain affinity for it.  Yet another song ripe with unrequited love that I have mirror-performed and car-performed on multiple occasions.  So here's two versions of it - the original by Stevie Wonder, and one by the latest artists added to my arsenal, Elaine Elias.  I watched a performance of her trio - and she almost makes me consider quitting piano.  The woman is seriously gifted....and plays barefoot. 

BTW, all those other names I listed above - yes I've been called that before. Major annoyance factor for me. I can give you Sherry, but Cheryl - really? Do you see an "L" anywhere in there? And Cherry - you're just not even trying.  Ugh. 




No comments:

Post a Comment