Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Oldie of the Day: Let The Good Times Roll!

I'm back!!

As you noticed I haven't written in a few days - I took a real vacation for the first time in over 2 years.  I made a concerted effort to not be a phone/technology addict and lay off the email/facebook/blog/phone during that time.  I had a WONDERFUL time - the family & friends were great, and I gotta admit I didn't want to leave.  However, I'm glad that when I returned, the weather in the Midwest was definitely not set on hell anymore.

I got to spend a few hours alone driving and listening to music, (which I love to do) and "Let The Good Times Roll" came up as I scanned the stations. I've always loved this song, it's just plain out & out fun. Even if you don't like the blues, you can't help moving to this and smiling. Imagine, the blues making you smile. It definitely made a perfect 80 degree sunny drive even "perfect-er" for me. I picked this version because I think the arrangement's pretty hot...and a lot of you may know of B.B. King but not Bobby "Blue" Bland, a great artist in his own right.

Hmmm, I wonder if this signals the beginning of a trend since this makes the 2nd or 3rd blues song for an Oldie of the Day entry.  Keep in mind that as I type this, an documentary about the music of New Orleans is playing in the background.  OH, they're talking about Zydeco now, gotta run! :)

Enjoy! And I promise to get back on schedule now...




No comments:

Post a Comment