Friday, September 2, 2011

Ship Ahoy!

It seems like many of the people around me are going through changes or some type of transition.  Everything from having babies, to shifts in relationships, to new jobs......it can be stressful.  But it also seems to me that these changes are not the kind that happen because of dumb decisions - we've all been there, right? Dumb decisions that we knew would not lead to good: "ohh I shouldn't have eaten 30 hot wings" or "ohh I wish I'd never met him/her".

No, these changes I'm seeing are like we're all being lined up for the next good thing in our lives. It's exciting...and scary. I know I'm learning how to use my energy to pursue my goals instead of always being someone else's right hand. Don't get me wrong; I enjoy being the supportive person. But there comes a point where it's time to head up your own projects...to pursue those God-given dreams.  And stop. discounting. yourself.  What is that one quote from Coach Carter - most people aren't really afraid of failure, they're afraid of success and greatness.

I hope that this weekend you'll spend a bit of time taking inventory. What dream keeps making its rounds in your heart? What idea just won't leave you alone.  Refuse to let fear short-circuit the changes that are leading to your place in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment