Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm Tired of MiMi

MiMi...aka Mariah...aka Mariah Carey...going back "like baby and a pacifier"...

I've been a little done with her for some time now. I loved her debut - don't know a lot of people that didn't. But in the years since.....The flailing hands, random dog whistle siren sounds and non-existent stage presence has been quite irksome to me since her 2nd album. Can someone please tell her she doesn't have to remake all of her fave ballads from back in the day? 

The song up for discussion today - "I Still Believe", originally by Brenda K. Starr.  Mariah released this about 10 years ago I think, but for some reason it's having a bit of resurgence in airplay lately...maybe because she's a mom now? One of the summaries I read stated that Mariah did well with the song, keeping the basic nature of the song while still able to add her ad libs. And that's my problem I think...I don't always enjoy her runs and ad libs. So I put it to you - listen to both versions, and cast your vote - original or MC's cover?

Brenda K. Starr


Mariah Carey

No comments:

Post a Comment