Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Oldie of the Day: Two from Lou

Featured today is the silky voice of Lou Rawls.  Yes, that guy, the "youuuuu'll never find (duunnn dun dun dun-dun dunn) another love like mine......you're goonnna MISS my luvin'" man. The UNCF emcee from back in the day. Mr. Rawls was a respected blues & soul singer long before the disco days. Remember he sang with Sam Cooke (thank you sir for the great harmony on "Bring It On Home to Me").

I don't know what made me think of his music today, but I'm glad I stumbled onto some great gems.  Check out the live concert version of "The Street Corn Hustlers Blues" - complete entertainment.

Today I included 2 songs, since the main one I wanted to share is pretty short. Below are Nobody But Me and Groovy People, which is just a plain old fun song. Hope you enjoy!

Nobody But Me


Groovy People

No comments:

Post a Comment