Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Oldie of the Day: On My Own

This classic song qualifies as the Oldie of the Day as well as the “Songs I Sang the CRAP Out of in the Shower”. I’ll have to do a series of those entries soon.  This song just matches the fall day we’re having too….makes me feel like going for another drive with the windows down, and the wind blowing around all the crap left in my back seat.  I really need to do something about that.
 
Anyways.....

I love the fire of Ms. Labelle and the cool groove of McDonald; whoever came up with the idea of pairing them back in the day deserves double whatever money he/she made from this hit.  At the beginning of this performance it feels a little like Patti makes the orchestra slow down their tempo slightly…in other words, y’all follow me and NOT the other way around. I’m glad – it was going along at a pretty good clip as they walked out.  This is a ballad after all.  I also love McDonald’s smile at the end to Ms. Patti, like “dang girl”.  Poor man…just get in and hang on bro and let Patti do her thang.

I also can’t help but chuckle whenever I hear a McDonald song…I have a musician friend that absolutely, positively cannot STAND McD….prolly cuz, bless his heart, he IS McD. LOL.  Happy Wednesday.


*What’s your fave Michael McDonald song?

2 comments: