Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Oldie of The Day: Hold On - Lisa Bevill

Flashback to the 90s again, but this time Christian pop. Now, a lot of Christian pop is...umm...nauseating, sad to say.  It's like there's this mindset that subpar music and lyrics are ok for "lil baby Jesus". But there are some real gems out there, and in my opinion this is one.  It did my heart good when this song, Hold On, came out. I finally had something to thump in my Oldsmobile along with "My Boo".  And anything with Tommy Sims (the other vocalist/bass player) is gonna be good. 

Ironically this song very accurately describes where I am in my life right now - holding on for the next change to come in my life.  I began making some steps recently to pursue too-long dormant dreams, and today marked another good step in the right direction.  I'm learning that even if things don't go the way I had them so perfectly planned, it's ok.  God has a way of working it out to be way better than I ever could've concocted in the first place.  So it's time-out for "sideways movement" and no true progress, and for all the excuse-making. It is time to act, to move, to change, to let go...to be and do all that was destined for me.  I'll never forget a statement I heard about destiny - that everyone comes to this earth with a destiny or purpose ready for them. Not following it only leads to frustration, apathy, and unhappiness.  The reason why? Because Purpose is always calling you. So you land at a job or a relationship or whatever, and you just can't get comfortable, because that Purpose is out there pulling on your heart, drawing you to it.  It's your choice to answer and follow.  And since I've decided I will NOT be in the same place in my life 10 years from now, I'm answering.

No comments:

Post a Comment