Friday, September 23, 2011

Hush, Hush Darlin'

So, growing up in suburbia I listened to a lot more than just R&B and gospel; I think I mentioned that in a previous entry. One group I distinctly remember from my "anguished" teenage-hood (is that a word?) is No Doubt. I had much respect for the pipes on Gwen Stefani even before she went solo. And how  "Don't Speak" seemed to hit me square in the face the first time I heard it. 

Ahhhhhh, the hours spent 'performing' this song in the mirror, a legend in my daydream, declaring this to the latest heartbreak.  "I know ya real good". Classic!!

I was intrigued by the jazzed up, stripped down approach Chrisette Michele took with this song. Here they both are, for your enjoyment. Let me know what you think.

No Doubt



Chrisette Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment