Friday, September 16, 2011

This Moment

Another lesson learned while on vacation....being thankful. I thought I had it down by now.....but it is SOOO easy to be a total CRABmonster the minute the least amount of discomfort is experienced.

I was, um..., "powdering my nose", one afternoon while in VA, and thought "Man! I wish I was home already. I'm tired, I think my feet hurt, I haven't exercised the whole time i was here" blah, blah, blah. And I didn't stop there: "Ain't no Wii here, No Netflix, what the heck. I'm ready to take a nap, ughhhhh". You know, just flat out crabbing...that pathetic pity party that ultimately leads down the road of self-imposed martyrdom. [Self-crucifixion because of no Wii? Hi my name is Miss Dramatic, and I'm ready for my close-up. *SMH*]

And then that oh-so-familiar, still, quiet voice: "Cheray --- enjoy THIS moment. You're here with friends you haven't seen in a while. You got to enjoy your family, which you haven't been able to do in almost TWO long, hard years. What a way to celebrate coming out of the difficult time you've faced. Really, what do you have to complain about?"

I had no answer to that question.

'Enjoy this moment'....hearing that got my attitude right again right then. 

And now, forgive how my mind works, but this is literally what I thought of: A comedian did this joke about seeing a woman gulf breakfast biscuits one after the other "like a pelican" and after all were consumed, she rubbed her face in the wrapper.  She ENJOYED what she had. And then it was so good to her that she had to have one last smell. Ok, she was slightly mentally off....but that's how I approached the rest of vacation. And THAT is the picture of 'enjoying the moment' that I have now.  Folgers to the last drop....McD's to the last smell.


For some reason, Santana says "WEEKEND!" to me right now, so I've been pumping him for the last hour. Here's a pretty good recording of Europa.

Enjoy your weekend...every moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment