Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sometimes You Gotta Rock...

So, if Thursday is baby Friday, then Tuesday is Grandpa Monday and this is my Grandpa Monday entry. :)

Heard Fading by Decyfer Down today - thanks Air1 for reminding me how much I love this song. "But now, by letting go somehow, unshackled and unbound, I'm calling out Your Name I'm fading"....interesting choice of lyrics. It's really in the letting go, losing all perceived reins on my life that I can truly call His Name, call for help. Nobody really has their life "together". You gotta have help.

On the music nerd end, any rock song that starts with a nice low cello holding down the low end within the first 2 bars is awesome.  And the lead vocal making that octave jump at the end of the phrase "wait, it's all that I can take and every single DAY" at the same time that the whole band starts wailing always grabs me right in the pit of my stomach.  What a way to build excitement in a song. I could talk about the switches between four on the floor and the slow 2 and then back, but that would cross me over into MUSICIAN-nerd land, and this isn't the forum.

Another point - I am so glad to see more GOOD Christian rock bands coming out. For a minute there, I was concerned.

OK, that's all my ramblings for the day. Tomorrow, Oldie of the Day.

1 comment:

  1. Rock on Cheray!! This song is awesome, I've never heard it before. And I am so on-board with the "musician nerd" part too. I love the structure of this tune!

    ReplyDelete