Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Oldie of the Day: Mercy / I Want You

This is a part deux of giving thanks for music...and for people in the field that don't follow the norm.  Do you remember this guy?  I guess this is also a pre-cursor to the "Blue-Eyed Soul (a.k.a. "White Chocolate") singers/performers I want to discuss at some point. 

Anyways, I like Robert Palmer, and I always thought he had the kind of voice that made you take notice.  These Marvin Gaye songs he covered are beautiful - and this is a unique medley - Mercy Mercy Me and I Want You. I wouldn't have thought to put those together, but he makes it work.

This is kinda lengthy, but it's from Palmer's interview on The Arsenio Show, which totally fits the Oldie day theme.  It also gives a glimpse into the  musician he was.  So sad that he's gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment