Friday, December 2, 2011

T.G.I.F.!

I hope you take the time to check out a couple of relatively new songs.

First, apparently not a lot of people know that Boyz 2 Men released a new cd a month or so ago. Unfortunately Michael, the bass, didn't return to the studio with them, but even so they still sound great. This release has a mix of their old songs, revamped for the times, and a few new ones.  The one below definitely harkens back to the Motown sound of the 60s, which probably is residue from the Motown cd they did a couple years ago.



The other one is from an New Zealand artist, Kimbra, who currently resides in Australia.  I'm currently working my way through her body of work, and so far, I'm impressed.  She seems to combine jazz, R&B, pop, and a little folk.



*Let me know what you think about these tracks.


No comments:

Post a Comment