Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday, Monday....

Yet another hot day, and I was all set to complain about it in magnificent fashion. I woke up, quickly got dressed for work, put out the trash and got in the car and sped off, thinking hey I may actually get to work a little early.  Then I realized - I have NO shoes on. HA! I was wondering why I felt so free and summer-ry. Don't worry, I was only about 5 minutes late to work.  I definitely was "flying low" as my dad likes to put it.

I don't have anything on my mind today, no serious musings really.  And I recognize I don't have anything to complain about.  I have family and friends that love me; the AC that went out last week has been (temporarily) fixed; I'm fed, clothed and healthy.  And while I don't make a full-time living as such, I do get to spend quite a lot of time as a musician.  Honestly, my life is good. 

So, my song for today - 2 selections, in honor of the servicemen and women who lost their lives this past weekend. 

First - If You're Reading This  by Tim McGraw. I still can't get thru this song without crying. (Side note: See how one can command an auditorium full of people with simplicity - guitar, strings and lyrics that actually say something.)

Second - for their families, and for anyone else going through a tough time - You Are Not Forgotten by Israel Houghton & Jonny Lang, both artists I love.

I hope that - in the routine of our lives, forgotten shoes, bills, relationship squabbles over nothing - we don't forget those who make such sacrifices for our country.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're doing this! L to the OL about the missing shoes. I wore a mis-matched pair out once haha. Love love love You Are Not Forgotten!!!

    ReplyDelete