Friday, October 21, 2011

Friday with Mary J

I just looked at some of my playlists and also some of my previous blog entries.  Evidently to me, the perfect Friday soundtrack includes music from the 90s. So let's continue with this old one that got seriously worn out at my house...in my car....in the shower....anywhere with the right acoustics to make me sound absolutely stellar.  Love No Limit, a serious Mary J. Blige oldie, is one of my favorites because you hear a little more jazz/Anita Baker influence than in some of her other hits.  Plus, who doesn't want to be in a club singing to some gorgeous creature that just happened to stop by?  But I also wonder if this couldn't also be an ode to music? Kinda like that song "What I Did For Love" from Gypsy. It's not just about the opposite sex, but about the dedication to the craft of good, effective music-making. Just a thought...one deep thought on a Friday is allowed.

Here goes - enjoy! Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment