Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oldie of the Day: Roots Rock Reggae

Alright, here's part 2 of Reggae week, and as I preminitioned, I had to include Bob Marley. Easily the most recognized reggae artist, I think he easily fits into the Oldie Wednesday format today.  A few years ago a compilation cd was done of some of Marley's hits and featured various artists, including Rakim (where are you man?!), Erykah Badu and Lauryn Hill.  I started to post Hill's track - Turn Your Lights Down Low - but probably most of have heard this or some snippet therof.

Instead let's go with a song featuring, of ALL people, Steven Tyler: Roots, Rock, Reggae. No video today folks, apparently because this is so old.  Note the energy Tyler brought to this; the more I look at this guy's body of work, the more I am impressed by him.

Click Here to listen and let me know what you think.

1 comment: