Monday, October 17, 2011

Jazzy Monday

It's now Monday nite, and I'm taking a break from watching The Sing-off. Those that know me have heard how I - ABSOLUTELY - cannot stand reality shows. First, they're not reality. Second, in the case of reality shows involving competition or evaluation of talent, it's more a popularity contest than giving an opportunity to someone with a real gift.  But The Sing-off so far has been different. There are some folks out there with golden vocal chords absolutely letting loose this season.

I found myself applauding and yelling at the TV more than once tonight - I bet my neighbors think I'm crazy.  I really liked what Afro Blue did with "I Wanna Dance W/Somebody"...especially the samba breakdown in the middle. Something about it made my mind jump to the song "Mas Que Nada" - not the cover with Sergio Mendes and Black Eye Peas, but the original tune.  So here it is...this particular recording is by Dizzy Gillespie.  Nice, mellow, rhythmic, happy...a nice soundtrack for a Monday nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment